Debt after death

There are a number of charities and independent organisations which can give you advice before you commit to any formal agreements regarding debt.

We regret that we are not able to give advice if you, the bereaved person, have debts that you need help in coping with. There are a number of charities that can give you help and advice including Citizens Advice. Do seek advice from one of these independent organisations before committing to any formal contract with a commercial debt support agency.

We can give you advice if the person who has died has left debts. To find out how to deal with any debts owed by the estate, please see Insolvent Estates in the Probate section.

Call us for bereavement advice

Contact us on 0800 634 9494. We're open from 9am to 5pm Mon - Fri. We are closed on bank holidays.

More articles